Mission & Objectives
Regarding Spiritual Growth
- Each student will love and respect the Bible as the inspired Word of God.
- Each student will love the Lord Jesus Christ, God the Father, and His Holy Spirit.
- Each student will know that he is saved and give evidence of growth in Christ.
- Each student will understand basic Bible doctrines.
- Each student will desire to know and do God’s will.
- Each student will serve Christ in the local church.
- Each student will develop self-discipline and responsibility that results effective use of time.
- Each student will develop humility that results in respect for and submission to God-ordained authorities.
- Each student will develop a biblical worldview by integrating Biblical principles into everyday life.
Regarding Academic Growth
- Each student will pursue academic achievement commensurate with their God-given aptitude.
- Each student will demonstrate independent study skills and the ability to reason logically (critical thinking), using proper Biblical criteria for evaluation.
- Each student will understand and appreciate the foundations of our Christian and American heritage – responsible freedom, human dignity, and human government – essential to being a good citizen.
- Each student will understand the role of current events in God’s plan for mankind.
- Each student will appreciate God’s creation and understand the need for responsible stewardship.
- Each student will develop a growing understanding and appreciation for the fine arts through active involvement in opportunities for personal growth and expression.
- Each student will, upon graduation, continue to pursue opportunities for academic growth and development within the will of God.
Regarding Social Growth
- Each student will understand that he is uniquely created in the image of God.
- Each student will demonstrate love and respect toward others as God’s image bearers.
- Each student will develop proper attitudes toward dating, marriage, and the family, and will employ Biblical principles necessary for establishing a God-honoring home.
- Each student will develop a correct Biblical attitude toward material things and use them responsibly to glorify God.
- Each student will develop a realistic and Biblical view of life and work.
- Each student will demonstrate essential skills for developing healthy relationships with others.
Regarding Physical Growth
- Each student will steward his body as the temple of the Holy Ghost, and turn away from anything that would hinder or bring physical harm.
- Each student will develop coordination, agility, and increased confidence through active participation in opportunities for physical exercise.
- Each student will strive to develop his God-given, athletic talents to the best of his ability.
- Each student will work to maintain a healthy balance between athletic interests and academic/social/spiritual pursuits.
Regarding the School’s Responsibility to the Christian Home
- CCS will cooperate closely with parents in every phase of the student’s academic spiritual development, recognizing that parents are ultimately responsible to God for the education and discipleship of their children.
- CCS will communicate regularly with parents about the school’s mission, purposes, and goals.
- CCS will assist families in Christian growth and fellowship, providing resources, including biblical counseling if needed, that will strengthen and encourage parents in their role as spiritual leaders.
- CCS will assist graduating seniors and their families with college planning and preparation.
Regarding the School’s Responsibility to the Local Church
- CCS, as a ministry of Colonial Hills Baptist Church, will recognize the authority of the local church.
- CCS will support the authority of the pastor and the goals of the local church.
- CCS will encourage each student to be faithful to Colonial Hills Baptist Church or a like-minded, Bible-believing church.
NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY: Colonial Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.